Freedom High School Library
Policies & Procedures
Monday, Thursday, Friday 7:10 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Tuesday, Wednesday 7:10 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
Visiting the Library:
Students visiting the library during, and after school must log in at the circulation desk.
During the school day, each student must have a pass signed by a classroom teacher or administrator to visit the library. The purpose for visiting the library must be included on the pass.
Students may visit the library during their lunch period as desired. Students' schedules are verified through SMS periodically as needed.
Students entering the library after 2:20 must have a pass. Students leaving the library after 2:20 without library permission are not granted reentry without a pass.
Students using the media center must be respectful of other students' rights to work in a quiet and orderly environment. Failure to respect library rules will result in dismissal from the media center and possible disciplinary action.
Individuals visiting the library are not to interrupt a class by communicating with students who are involved in a class working in the library.
student ID , photo ID, or identification verification is required to check out media center
total of two items may be checked out for a two week period, with one
renewal permitted as needed.
may be checked out for one week.
issues of magazines cannot be checked out.
with overdue materials may not borrow additional materials until
the issue is resolved. Failure to return materials and pay fines may
result in loss of student participation in school activities.
- The first three black and white printed pages are free. After that, it is 10 cents a page to print.
- A photo copier is available for 10 cents a page (black & white only)
- Internet use and electronic databases are available for research. Students will need to use passwords to use the databases away from school. See a librarian for a bookmark containing passwords.
- Students use their Microsoft 365 PWC logins to access electronic books. A librarian will assist you with 365 logins as needed.
- All Prince William County Acceptable use and Internet Safety Policies are enforced in the school library.
- All devices must be set to silent or vibrate mode, with audible signals disabled.
- Students may use headphones or earbuds in the library, but must keep one ear open to hear staff instructions as needed.
- Students must step outside the library to make or receive phone calls in the library.
- Students may not take pictures in the library without receiving limited, prior permission from library staff.
PLEASE STEP OUTSIDE THE LIBRARY TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR NEEDS
N0 FOOD OR DRINK IS PERMITTED
IN THE LIBRARY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE
Web page update 11/1/2016
Susan Batlouni email@example.com