Welcome to the 2017 - 2018 PLTW application process for Freedom HS. This is a new specialty program available to students who attend Freedom HS (not available for transfer or transport). Historically, science and math have been taught in isolation. The project-based aspects of the Project Lead The Way curriculum give students a chance to apply what they know, identify a problem, find unique solutions, and lead their own learning, rather than be passive recipients of information in a question-and-answer, right-or-wrong learning environment. When students understand how their education is relevant to their lives and future careers, they get excited, and that is why PLTW students are successful.
For the coming year, we will focus our efforts on providing an exciting Introduction to Engineering program and look forward to expanding the offerings in the years to come. The rigorous STEM sequence geared towards preparing students for the college engineering program of their choice may include the following based on enrollment:
To apply to be part of a rigorous STEM based initiative to prepare you for college level engineering work, you will need a paper application.
- Introduction to Engineering Design (IED)
- Digital Electronics (DE)
- Principles of Engineering (POE)
- Civil Engineering and Architecture (CEA)
- Engineering Design and Development (EDD)
Download the pdf file below and follow the submission instructions.
1) Complete your part and write your essay
2) You sign and submit it to a teacher of your choice for evaluation
3) Teacher submits application to counseling department to attach a copy of your transcript with Semester 1 grades
4) Make sure the application packet (application, essay, transcripts) is sent to FHS c/o Ms. Tiffany Spann or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th
5) You will be contacted by mail to accept being part of PLTW in April
For our friends who are applying to the CENS/AP Program, as a transfer student, and would like to participate in PLTW as well, you will need to be accepted first to make FHS your new base school. Once the acceptance letter from CENS has arrived, you can submit your application for PLTW to us for review.
FHS PLTW Application 2017 - 2018.pdf